*** JOB POSTING ***
Title: Project Coordinator for the Self Help Group Digital Platform
Thematic areas: Education, m-learning, poverty alleviation, entrepreneurship, ICT4D, women’s empowerment, micro-finance, micro-savings, Africa, India
Commitment: Half-time, with some international travel
Location: Location independent, with Internet access required
Duration: 18 months, starting in November 2016
Salary: USD $4,000 per month
Project overview: In 2013, Code Innovation partnered with Tearfund Ethiopia and One Hen, Inc. to digitize a powerful development program called Self Help Groups (SHG), creating a free and open mobile resource in Swahili and Amharic to help these groups self-organize and self-advance. To date, the Self Help Group mobile app has reached over a thousand users with its curriculum and facilitation guide. For the next 18 months, we will be significantly building out the app, including new language versions, new thematic content and new features and functionality, so that it can be used by new global partners implementing SHGs and similar approaches.
Activities: The Project Coordinator will support the SHG Digital Platform team with the following:
- Test new versions of the app for quality assurance before they are released. This includes formal bug and issue tracking;
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing with teams in the field before each new version can be released with our implementing partners;
- Track and report on the statistics generated by the app’s admin dashboard and Google analytics;
- Train new partners in how to use the app and assist in the creation of digital training materials;
- Help to provide ongoing technical and program support to facilitators and coordinators in the field;
- Assist with developing new content for the app and ensuring quality of different curricular texts in a variety of languages (translator-assistance will be provided);
- Draft internal communications materials for our coalition of partners and stakeholders; Moderate the social section of the platform to encourage purposeful sharing of stories and best practices between facilitators;
- Contribute to the team’s day-to-day discussions and problem solving.
During the last 6 months of the project, the Project Coordinator will train and supervise a Product Tester to assist her with quality assurance and app testing.
Qualifications: We’re seeking a Project Coordinator who is engaged in using technology for social impact. As our product scales and attracts wider buy-in and support, we need a technical, detail-oriented Coordinator to keep track of all the moving pieces of a significantly complex build and to shepherd the SHG app through this exciting phase of development. Attention to detail is a must, combined with the ability to organize and maintain large, dynamic spreadsheets and databases. You will be working on your own schedule without close supervision, so you will need to show that you have experience working in this kind of open environment successfully. Because our partners are scattered around the globe, you must also be willing to join phone calls at awkward times of day, at least a couple times each month. International experience is highly relevant, particularly in the ICT4D sector. A track record of working in Sub-Saharan Africa is a big advantage. Experience training people in the use of complicated technology is also an advantage.
There is room for growth within our organization, up into strategic and leadership positions. If you’re interested in development work and program design and in becoming more expert in any of the areas that we operate, please describe this ambition within your cover letter so that we see your motivation and growth potential. This is not a requirement by any means, as we will also have a steady supply of positions like this one.
To apply: Please email your CV and cover letter to Elie Calhoun, Director of Operations at Code Innovations: email@example.com. Applications should be submitted by COB on 11 November 2016. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 18 November 2016. Strong candidates who respond quickly may be interviewed and accepted even quicker.